Saturday 9 July 2016

Glucolog lite english muffins :: English Muffins Recipe: Alton Brown: Food Network

Fun recipe! My first time trying to make english muffins and they turned out great! I hope this helps. I've used this delicious recipe for about 29 years. They are very good.. much better than any store-bought English Also, don't add the second half of the salt until just before grilling since salt and yeast are not the best of friends. The trick is to find cans without the newer style of rolled edges on the bottom or pull-tabs. Nooks & crannies were great! And so on! The flavor and texture of the dough improved with a 10-15 min rest after adding baking soda (the second batch of 4 tins. I do not have a flat grill, so I used my George Foreman grill and it worked really well - the muffins look kind of nice with the grill marks. Tall-rising English muffins filled with nookes and crannies, perfect for toasting. Also, instead of powdered milk, try the powdered BUTTERMILK you can buy in any grocery. I can't believe how good they came out! Any suggestions? Totally use the non-stick spray. Place in a 280 deg.

I tried putting them in the over for about 15 minutes after grilling them, and that helped (they actually rose in the oven a bit more.) My question is, should I have the oven temp higher to get them to actually bake a bit more? Not free, but cheap, like maybe $6-8 at the grocery store for box of 12. They're wonderful toasted for breakfast. This will flatten any spike that may be protruding. With that said, this is the best recipe I have found for English muffins and my family fell in love and to be honest I messed up the dough a little by letting it get too warm but they still came out wonderful. And so on. I place some cornmeal on a paper plate & stamp each side in the cornmeal before placing on a low heat griddle. The only issue I had is that they don't rise as much with rice flour so I had to fill the rings almost full. Can someone explain what the dough was supposed to look like? I found the site that talks about the nooks and crannies - and the only thing you do differently is add a little more baking soda to the dough after it's risen for 30 minutes. SAF instant yeast much cheaper than buying little packets. I used ring molds only because I already had them. You need to let all the steam out of this and all yeast breads before cutting or splitting. The were nice and light and they freeze well. My biggest issue was the rings to "bake" them in.

Glucolog lite english muffins

They were gone in a few hours. Thank you, Alton!! These are very easy and SO WORTH IT!!! I don't think I'll be buying store bought english muffins again. Although I never thought of the pineapple can idea.. I will probable never buy store bought again. Great flavor and texture and simple to boot. If that doesn't work, try using a metal nail file to make sure that you have a smooth edge. Followed exactly and first two scoops is TOO much, batter is too much like pancake, tasteless gummy waste. So light and flavorfull. I used the top of a roasting pan and sat it right on my electric griddle and it worked fabulously! I use a wholegrain white whole wheat flour from King Arthur cup for cup. Thanks, Alton. My first batch I used the cookie sheet on top, and as others mentioned, it stuck to the dough and made a huge mess. Buy It Now & Get Free Bonus. I needed to add a little more water because the dough was a little dry I like to sprinkle a little corn meal in the bottom of the rings before adding the dough. Kept turning them over, cooking for 10 minutes each time, and the inside never really got cooked through. AB has let me down big time. I brought some to work and everyone just loved them. I used my mini-springform pans without the bottoms. I used pineapple cans and half whole wheat flour. If you make thick muffins, decrease temperature a little so they cook inside without getting too dark abd cook longer. I cook them on a stove top griddle at medium heat for 6 minutes, use the handles on the egg rings to turn them over, let them cook another minute after turning and then remove the rings and cook for a total of 6 more minutes. Friends can't believe that you can make them. Instead of the more traditional rolling method for the dough, this one is rather soupy. Deeper rings, maybe water chestnut cans. These were delish and super easy to make. They simply do not get done. Hello homemade! I read several reviews and decided to make these muffins. Perfect weekend breakfast goody. There's got to be a way to get the best of both worlds! The buttermilk powder batch turned out delicious! First batch seemed a little moist any suggestions? Please keep it going. I even watched the video on YouTube first. I ate the "runt" muffin with a little butter and blueberry preserves and made my husband try a bite as well. Also as fat content is a problem for me, are there any suggestions of what I might use in place of shortening? Alexander B. Tried the recipe three separate times with no luck. The results were delicious! This will solve the moisture problem.


I used fox run rings I got on amazon. I couldn't understand the bad reviews. Very good! I followed the recipe exactly as written and these were wonderful tasting, light, and full of those holes! THANK YOU ALTON!!! I bought 2 sets of English muffin rings on Amazon for around $5 each. It works better if you don't substitue more than 1/2 of the amount of flour called for with the heavier grain flours. Excellent recipe! The first time I was willing to accept the blame. Free tutorials.
They were absolutely FANTASTIC! I used the same flat cast iron skillet I use for pancakes, so I had to guess at the temperature.

Made this recipe exactly as instructed, used my Cuisinart Griddler set at 300 degrees. Recipe and technique are very simple and within anyones ability IMHO. They are easy to use and nothing gets stuck anywhere. T17:12:38Z item not reviewed by moderator and published Technorati tags: english, muffins, baking, cooking, food This entry was postedFeel free to visit my weblog: : custom home builders nashville tn datin. It seems some of the people here have forgotten that step. The batter overflowed when I cooked them, even with the sheet pan on top. http://pillsfordiabetest.blooming.me/antidiabetic-herbal-formulation-for-adrenal-fatigue-herbs.html You will be a STAR! I used a white whole wheat flour. I was really happy with the way these turned out!


You're a real jewel! Sorry Alton. Do they think that they grow on trees? Dang things didn't even last an hour in my house, have to make more! Using the electric griddle instead of a skillet on a stovetop works very well. I may try this recipe again to make sure that their not turning out was not a personal problem, and I will all try suggestions from other reviews. Since Brown uses the same technique in his oven version of the recipe(see his eggts benedict recipe), I assume his idea is to keep the top of the muffin flat; it's really unnecessary. I found using the lid kept the cooking times as written ( 5-6 mins/side). The only changes I made were that I used spreadable butter instead of shortening and I used 1 3/4C white rice flour. I will be making these for some time to come. I cooked the one scoopers the same amount of time..5 minutes per side. I don't know why this is defined as 'batter' as it has the consistency of pizza dough and didn't yield to any scooping or anything else. Followed the recipe but used foil rings and a frying pan on my flat-top stove. Benefits of. So rather than following his cooking instructions to the lettter, I'd suggest skipping the cookie sheet on top and making sure you do not fill your muffin rings more than halfway. Finally, any kind of neutral oil will work in place of the lard. I have made Alton Brown Pretzels(fabulous) so I was eager to try his English Muffin recipe. I found that Dole Pineapple cans work perfectly as the bottoms are not rounded. With these minor adjustments my husband and I are delighted with the results. I made 6 rings from heavy duty foil. Good advice indeed..<br /> Joan H. If you've made pancakes before, these are a breeze. Can't wait to make these again!
I have an electric skillet and was able to keep the heat at a steady 300 degrees and not worry about dealing with a makeshift lid - only drawback was I had to make 4 muffins at a time due to space constraints. Only problem was figuring out the rings. I decided to go with a scant 1/4 cup measure (I don't have a #20 scoop). I solved the ring problem by buying a dryer exhause pipe (about $5.00), took the seam out, had my hubby cut it into 1" strips, and put them together with paper clips. Any ideas? I want these to work because I like the flavor, but I don't like the gushy center of them. For info the bean can ring has made perfect formed muffins each and every time. Great to bring to office brunch parties. I alos melt the shortening so that it distributes in the batter better. The first batch came out a little too brown so I lowered the heat to medium low and the next ones came out perfect. The recipes says to put 2 scoops in the ring, however they were VERY thick. Click here. You could use any skillet I guess but it has to be heavy bottomed and you need to watch the heat to allow for the differences in the metal and the weights of the metal. I look forward to making these again. They split very nice and didn't get smushed since the wires are sturdy, but thinner than the tines of a fork. When we eat canned beans again I will have my husband cut two more rings. I will be making these again. Thank you Alton! This was an easy recipe to make, and took less time than I though. Also, here's a safety tip: Be sure to run your can opener back and forth across the spot where you start to open the can. I'm pretty much stumped. Also went out if my way to buy a #20 ice cream scoop, as called for. Having seen the episode for these muffins I vowed to try it one day but had to get my baking rings figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment